What is Nicotine Salt
What is Nicotine Salt?
Salt or Salts based nicotine captures the natural salts found in the tobacco leaf to produce a smooth vape without any harsh throat hit. This allows higher strength nicotine to be absorbed quickly into the body give you the natural rush as experienced through a smoked cigarette.
By adding nicotine salts to e liquids, vapers can replicate smoking tobacco more closely. Vapers with a preference for nicotine salts are those that are former smokers. The close resemblance with the smoking experience means former smokers find it easier to transition to vaping.
While the salts have their benefits and some vapers have quickly adopted it, they are not suitable for everyone just as with anything its all down to personal preference.
If you haven't tried nicotine salts, you need to understand the positives and negatives and if they are right for you before you decide to try them.
The Benefits of Nicotine Salts
- Compared to nicotine-infused vape juices, nicotine salts deliver more nicotine with each puff. This allows vapers to save more on vape juices and for smokers using e-cigs to stop smoking, the experience is smoother.
- Nicotine salts mimic an experience that is similar to smoking. It’s the same experience smokers are looking for when they start vaping. Because of how close the experience is, smokers can quit smoking with ease.
- Nicotine salts counter throat hit. With normal vape juices, the higher the concentration of nicotine, the harder the throat hit. With nicotine salts, you can vape higher concentration without setting your throat on fire.
- You don’t need to invest in bigger and more expensive vaping hardware. Nicotine salts work perfectly with small devices like vape pens and pod systems.
What’s the Difference Between Nicotine salts and Freebase Nicotine?
Freebase nicotine was invented in the 1960s and is unprotonated. The compound is designed to make cigarettes stronger and more addictive.
After intense research by Phillip Morris, ammonia was added to the mix to make tobacco blends more potent. The nicotine found in vape liquids is also made in the same way.
Nicotine salts are different. They are stable and available organically. But, they are not extremely bioavailable. Unlike the freebase counterparts, nicotine salts are absorbed as quickly into the human body. Nicotine salts are also not as addictive as freebase nicotine which is stripped of all its protons to increase its bioavailability.
Nic salts allow the nicotine to enter the bloodstream at a similar speed to cigarettes- exactly what quitters are looking to replicate. Switch to nic salts and your nicotine is basically on demand.
Who are Nicotine Salts for?
Nicotine salts are not to everyone’s preference. That said, the decision to try nicotine salts should be well informed.
You can consider using nicotine salts if:
- You are a transitioning smoker, you want the strongest e-liquid and regular vape juices are not getting the job done.
- You are a seasoned vaper looking for a smoother experience especially if you’re using a sub-ohm tank. If this is the case, use low concentrations.
- You’re looking to get more value for your money by getting stronger hits while using less vape juice
Are There any Downsides to Using Nicotine Salts?
It would be false to say there are no downsides to using nicotine salts. There are a few but, not anything you should be concerned about.
- You will discover that selections are limited and the flavours are not as robust as those of regular vape juices. If you really want a nicotine salt based vape juice, you might have to simplify your taste.
- Work best with selected devices – regular vape juices work with virtually every device. But, nicotine salts are more obscure and may not work with cheap vaping equipment. They also work better with low-power vaping hardware.
- Nicotine Salts are slightly more expensive to buy than regular Freebase Nicotine. However this is still significantly cheaper than smoking.
- Not for cloud chasers – Cloud chasers might have to sit this one out. It is harder to produce intense clouds of vapour with nicotine salt vape juices and if you try, it might leave your throat feeling less than its best. Stick to traditional vape juices if you love blowing away the competition.
Check out our range of Nicotine Salts here